In case of a spill: Use personal protective equipment. Act immediately.
Three C's for spill cleanup.
Control the spill:
- Place torn or punctured containers into larger empty ones.
- Stand overturned containers upright
Contain (confine) the spill:
- Limit chemical spread by using a dike or dam.
- Seal off all entry points into water or sewers, no matter how small the spill.
- Add an absorbent (dirt, sawdust, cat litter) to liquids.
Clean up the spill:
- Include any contaminated absorbent material.
- Quick cleanup minimizes entry into surface or sewer water and leaching to groundwater.
For disposal of common household cleanups:
Place the container and all contaminated materials in a large plastic garbage bag. Contact your local Weed & Pest office for proper disposal methods.