Chemicals are an effective method for removing unwanted pests, however, they can also be dangerous for the applicator, family members, and pets if not handled in the proper manner. Be sure to read and follow all label directions carefully.
* Read the label before mixing and applying pesticides.
* Use chemical-resistant gloves-never cotton or leather.
* Wear long pants and sturdy shoes, not sneakers or sandals.
* Wear a long-sleeved shirt.
* Wear safety goggles to protect the eyes.
Monitoring for Pesticides in Wyoming’s Water
In 1991, members if local, State, and Federal governments, as well as industry and interest groups formed the Ground-water and Pesticide Strategy Committee to prepare the State of Wyoming’s generic Management Plan for Pesticides in Ground Water. Part of this plan was to determine if pesticides are found in the Wyoming’s water. The Wyoming Department of Agriculture and the U.S. Geological Survey have sampled the State’s groundwater and surface water for pesticides since 1995. Details of the sampling efforts can be found in publications and on the web.